The Danish Yule Heart (Julhjarta) is a beautiful symbol of Freya and Frigga. The loving caresses of our Goddesses warm our hearts and souls through the cold dark season.
• Cut a rectangle 2 1/2 inches by 9 inches from red and white construction paper.
• Fold the rectangles in half. The folded sheets should be 2 1/2 inches by 4 1/2 inches.
• From both the red and white rectangles, cut up from the fold, three 3 inch slits.
• Opposite the fold, round off the top.
• Weave according to the picture below. (C over 3, B through 3, A over 3, etc…)
• Cut a handle and glue or staple the handle.
• Put some fishing line, thread or yarn to hang as a garland on a tree or around the house. Merry Yule!
Printable Craft Instructions:
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.